Crisp Film is a fine white creamy powder that forms clear and flexible films without requiring hydration or cooking. Crisp Film is a modified high amylose corn starch. Products that are thickened with Crisp Film dry into a crispy glass at room temperature. It forms flexible, clear films with an excellent sheen that are fast-drying and flavour-free. It acts as a protective barrier when used as a coating for fried foods and it increases the crispness of the product due to less oil pick up. Use with fruit and vegetable purees to make Cannelloni tubes, various shapes and baskets, or add to biscuits to give an extra crunch. Crisp Film can be used to impart internal bonding strength and texture to formed meat, potato and vegetable products and to form fruit leather. Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Kosher Friendly, Halal Friendly.
- Produce clear, flexible films with an excellent sheen that are quick-drying and flavour-free.
- Use as a protective coating for fried foods or to add extra crunch to biscuits
- Use to impact internal bonding strength and texture to formed potato, meat, and vegetable products
- Use with fruit and vegetable purees to make cannelloni tubes, shapes and baskets
- Suitable for Vegans, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Kosher Friendly, Halal Friendly.
How to use:
The recommended dosage rate of Crisp Film is 2.5g – 5g per 100g (2.5 – 5.0% % of solution weight)
Add gradually to your mixture whilst stirring.
Products thickened with Crisp Film will set into a crispy glass at room temperature.
Works well with fruit purees. Fruit Juice must be thickened before using Crisp Film.
Storage Conditions: Store in dry, cool conditions and not in direct sunlight. Use within 6 months of opening.
Ingredients: Modified Maize Starch (E1420)
Dietary Information: Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Kosher Friendly, Halal Friendly.
Nutritional Information: Based on typical content/100g: Energy: 1663kj/391kcal, Fat: 0.15g, Of which saturates: 0.1g, Carbohydrate: 97g, Of which sugars: 0g, Protein: 0.5g, Salt: <0.5g.
Labelling according to EU & UK Regulations.